King David Primary School is a voluntary-aided co-educational school based in Birmingham. The Orthodox Jewish school has approximately 250 pupils on roll and admits 30 pupils into its Reception class each year. There is also a Nursery which admits 39 pupils each year.
The school was founded by Birmingham Hebrew Congregation and started life in 1843 as the Hebrew National School. It later became Birmingham Hebrew School and ultimately, as it is now known, King David School, when it moved to its present site in 1965.
King David’s primary aim is to provide a sound secular and religious education, enabling the children to become integrated into society. The school strives to provide an environment in which all children are enabled to reach their full potential within the framework of the National Curriculum, developing emotionally in a happy and caring Jewish atmosphere. The close association with the local Jewish community provides the characteristics of a village school.
The school has its own kosher meat kitchen where school meals are prepared. A variety of clubs meet regularly at lunchtime or after school. These vary from term to term and may include sports, crafts and music. Regular visits are made to places of educational interest. The outings cover a variety of activities including farms, museums and theatres.
In King David’s last Ofsted report in 2007 inspectors said: “Pupils achieve well and reach above average standards by the time they leave because teaching and learning are good. Pupils enjoy school and speak enthusiastically about the good range of extra activities.”
Admissions: 0121 449 3364